Wrongful Death Auto Accidents
If your loved one was wrongfully killed in a car accident, you are entitled to seek to recover damages from the person who caused your loss. While money alone cannot ever adequately compensate you for your loss, a wrongful death lawsuit may provide your family resources for the future.
In addition to a significant settlement, if your lawsuit is successful you may also receive compensation for medical bills, loss of wages, funeral and burial expenses.
In order for a wrongful death suit to succeed, there must be:
- A reckless or negligent driver responsible for causing the accident, or a car manufacturer responsible for a defective or poorly-made vehicle
- Adequate insurance or assets to provide compensation
If someone you love died in a car accident, you probably have lots of question. What was the cause? Could another person have been at fault? The lawyers at Purvis Gray Thomson, LLP, can evaluate your situation and advise you on your legal options.
Causes Of Wrongful Death
Wrongful death from a car accident can arise in many ways, including but not limited to the followings:
- Driving while under the influence of either alcohol or drugs
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Talking or texting on a cellphone while driving
- Inattentive driving
- Disobeying traffic signals, running red lights, stop signs and yield signs
- Defective brakes, tires, or other car parts
With the guidance of a trained attorney you and your family may secure compensation that can assist you in going forward with your lives. We can also help you avoid common mistakes.
According to Colorado wrongful death laws, the statute of limitations is two years in which to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If the surviving spouse chooses not to file a lawsuit within the first year, the children of the victim can during the second year.
Our attorneys In Boulder And Denver, Colorado, can help
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, contact Purvis Gray Thomson, LLP, about filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Our law firm is ready to resolve your legal problems. To schedule a consultation at no charge to you, contact us at 303-442-3366 or send a web email form.