Fire And Explosions
Explosions can cause life-threatening injuries and death in single or multiple victims simultaneously. If an unstable substance explodes, the blast can be devastating. An explosion usually involves the release of chemicals, high temperatures, and shock waves that cause extreme damage. No two events are identical and the types of injuries can vary widely.
Common causes of explosion include improper transport, maintenance or storage, or leakage. Some common types of explosions include the following:
- Residential gas
- Natural gas
- Fuel tanks
- Chemical plants
Injuries can be sustained by people walking, standing, or working near the explosion.
Remedies If You Have Been Injured
Blast lung is the most common fatal injury among initial survivors. Although classic injuries such as burns and blunt injury occur, organs such as the lungs and central nervous system also can be impacted. Injuries commonly occur from flying debris and heat of the blast and may include the following:
- Blast lung (pulmonary barotrauma)
- TM rupture and middle ear damage
- Crush injuries
- Closed and open brain injury
- Asthma, COPD, or other breathing problems from dust, smoke or toxic fumes
- Hyperglycemia, hypertension
- Abdominal hemorrhage and perforation — Globe (eye) rupture — Concussion (TBI without physical signs of head injury)
- Penetrating ballistic (fragmentation) or blunt injuries
- Eye penetration (can be occult)
- Fracture and traumatic amputation
- Exacerbation or complications of existing conditions.
- Burns (flash, partial and full thickness)
Our injury law firm has successfully recovered considerable money damages on behalf of our clients who are injured in explosions.
Contingency Fee Representation
By operating on a contingency fee basis, our injury lawyers bring experienced representation to people who may not otherwise be able to afford reputable legal services. We do not charge any attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. If you have questions about injury litigation, do not hesitate to call. An experienced Denver injury attorney is waiting to listen to your story.
Schedule A Consultation Today
If you need the assistance of an injury lawyer in Boulder or the Denver metro, please contact us at Purvis Gray Thomson, LLP. Our injury law firms in Colorado are ready to resolve your legal problems.