In his new book, The Life You Save: Nine Steps to Finding the Best Medical Care-and Avoiding the Worst, attorney Patrick Malone provides advice that is relevant to all of us on how to take charge of our health care, make the best choices, and avoid serious harm. Malone addresses many issues such as:
* The single most important question you can ask your doctor
* Why a top primary care doctor is your best ally, and where to find one
* How to sort fact from hype in medical news
* When to know you have symptoms your doctor should not shrug off
* Checklists to help you get out of the hospital in one piece
* Where to locate the best surgeons and safest hospitals
With an extensive Resources section and a chapter on what do to if medical error has occurred, The Life You Save is the guide to getting the health care you need and deserve.